The last time the Daily Show with Jon Stewart skewered San Francisco in relation to Google, Stewart asked "why are they protesting those buses anyway?" Last night though, the Daily Show fire shot straight at Google and everyone's favorite Glasshole: Sarah Slocum.
Slocum made national news from the now infamous fight over her Google Glasses one night at Molotov's, a local bar. After patrons told her she (as a techie) was "ruining the city" (and to not record them as they drank), a fight ensued and someone pulled them straight off her face and ran. The incident was spinned as a "hate crime" against techies, by techies. People of color everywhere sighed, collectively.
In the Daily Show segment, correspondent Jason Jones delightfully skewers Slocum, who claims patrons were afraid she was video recording them ("Which you were," he tells her, as we watch video she shot at the bar), and gives the Googlers the ultimate secret to avoiding "discrimination."
Take the glasses off.
Slocum, to her credit, seems to have taken the ribbing in stride. Via her Twitter:
Loved it!!! Glass Half Empty http://t.co/hZqe8Jb102
— Sarah Slocum (@SarahSlocum) June 13, 2014
Check out the segment, below.
Most Commented On
- yfsNcaqpozeCLQWeyhk - August 19, 2014
- nmYqcjOzEiTOZA - August 19, 2014
- zGtVFbEYCsJgbn - August 19, 2014
- DZhDJTFfQdSvd - August 19, 2014
- bwxKYpmfPs - August 19, 2014
- gCqzaHtHGUrBQQ - August 19, 2014
- ENifTpemBLJ - August 19, 2014
- TPBujhfmYjWPnbn - August 19, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - August 19, 2014
- qJSfVJjhnVMT - August 19, 2014